A HUGE 혻fire has has ripped through혻a brand new block of flats which had been dogged with혻complaints about noisy generators.
Crews were called to the plush retirement apartments – designed by award-winning architects backed by Prince Charles – 혻in Romsey, Hampshire, shortly after 8.30pm last night.
Last week, neighbours complained they were being disturbed by generators brought in to provide power to residents while building work was ongoing.
Eyewitnesses say they believe the same generators might be linked to the blaze.
Neighbour Hannah Powell said: “I thought the generator was going to blow. I was cowering in the back bedroom with my son.
BURNED ALIVEFive children among nine people killed in horror house fire that left firefighters in tears
FIRE DEATH TRAGEDYWoman died after she 'lit 17 candles for a date with her imaginary boyfriend Ian'
“I was worried it was going to explode and the windows were going to blow.”
She said she saw elderly residents being evacuated from their new homes but believed they were being allowed to go back inside to unaffected parts of the development.
The fire, which had spread to the balconies of the building, appeared to be out by 9pm혻but crews could still be seen cutting away and damping down.
Hampshire Fire Service confirmed it had been called to an incident in Romsey and had mobilised crews from four stations.
Last week, developer Renaissance was the subject of a noise abatement notice over the use of the generators.
It said it was working to resolve the noise issue as quickly as possible.