HOW many sex shops and venues are located in your city?
New research reveals the seedy hotspots of England and Wales??and some of them may surprise you.
A survey carried out by The Mirror asked every council in England and Wales how many registered sex venues they had in their district.
After counting up the number of sex shops, pornographic cinemas and intimate entertainment venues, they measured how many establishments there were per resident.
One of the most notorious locations listed is former red light district in Soho, which boasts a number of X-rated shops and showrooms.
This has no doubt affected the outcome of the results, as Westminster City Council revealed that they had 30 sex venues in the borough.
Staggeringly, while there is an average of around 130,000 sex shops per person in the UK, there is one for every 8,000 in Westminster.
This means that Westminster tops the list of the ?쐓leaziest??areas in England and Wales.
SINISTRY OF SOUNDSex rooms, bondage dancers and 60 hour drug raves... a rare look inside the world's most exclusive club
HARDEN LINE ON LUST JABMen relying on NHS sex hormone jabs to give them extra bedroom 'oomph' cost NHS 짙20million
Bubble burstRacist remarks and sex scandals... After Corrie star's Twitter outrage, these are the soap stars whose off-screen behaviour got them the sack
Research revealed that residents of Blackpool and Newcastle were the second and third areas with the most sexual establishments.
Other locations including Camden, Bournemouth and Preston also made the list.
The highest number of sexual establishments per혻resident…
1. Westminster – 30 (one for every 8,077 residents)
2. Blackpool – 6 (one for every 23,263 residents)
3. Newcastle-upon-Tyne – 12 (one for every 24,407 residents)
4. Camden – 9 (one for every 26,784 residents)
5. Bournemouth – 6 (one for every 32,419 residents)
6. Weymouth and Portland – 2 (one for every 32,583 residents)
7. Preston - 4 (one for every 35,326 residents)
8. Southampton - 7 (one for every 35,648 residents)
9. Brighton and Hove - 8 (one for every 35,660 residents)
10. Southend-on-Sea - 5 (one for every 35,740 residents)
The survey estimates that in total there are around 391 operating sex venues in England and Wales.
Of these registered buildings, 212 are sex shops, 176 are used for sexual entertainment and 12 are pornographic cinemas.